[Asterisk-Users] Conferencing -- app_meetme, app_meetme2, app_conference

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Oct 10 21:54:15 MST 2004

I want to build a conferencing system and I'm looking for suggestions on
which application will make a better starting point.

A conference consists of: up to 20 callers, a small number (1-3) of agents
and a small number of supervisors (0-3). Multiple conferences will be
"active" on the same host

An agent's job is to keep the conference going.

A supervisor's job is to keep the agents going :)

Some of the characteristics I've identified are:

1) A supervisor may join and leave conferences at will without any
indication to agents or callers.

2) A supervisor should be able to un-mute and mute themselves.

3) A supervisor should be able to "coach" an agent. In this mode, the
supervisor can speak, but only the agent(s) can hear the supervisor. This
will not interfere with the interaction between agent(s) and callers.

4) A supervisor should be able to "kick" an agent. At this point, the
supervisor effectively becomes an agent but they may return to the
supervisor "role" if another agent joins the conference.

5) A supervisor should be able to "kick" a caller.

6) A supervisor can press a key to hear how many callers and agents are in
the conference.

7) An agent should "log in" to the system so we can track their time.

8) An agent can "kick" a caller.

9) An agent can press a key to hear how many callers are in the
conference.

10) A caller can exit the conference by pressing a key.

All 3 applications can handle parts, which one do you think is the best
fit to add to?

Thanks in advance,