[Asterisk-Users] Intel Modem vs Digium Cards

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Oct 10 20:28:53 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 21:34 +0100, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Brian Capouch [brianc at palaver.net] wrote:
> > Wolf Paul wrote:
> > > If that warrants "don't come asking for support" then you guys are not
> > > much of a community but a sales
> > > machine for Digium.
> > >
> > Digium does Asterisk FOR FREE.
> >
> I wish people would stop posting misleading comments like that.

It isn't misleading, but as you point out, it isn't the full picture.

> Asterisk is a community effort - not the work of just one person or
> company.  Digium may well "do Asterisk for free," but so does every
> other contributor.
>
> Please do not forget the loyal Asterisk community.  Asterisk would not
> be anywhere close to where it is today without it.

Without the first portion having been provided to the community, we
would probably be trying to shoe horn bayonne into what we currently use
asterisk for.

Either way, I am thankfull for al who have contributed code to the
project. Thankfull for all who have pushed the code into new places. And
those who have purchased Digium hardware and kept food on Mark and
companies plate so that they code another day, month, or year more on
this wonderful project.