[Asterisk-Users] iax2 w/ pa1688

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Sat Oct 9 17:22:00 MST 2004

Erik Espinoza wrote:

>I just bought a phone from eBay, the in1001 which appears to be a
>pa1688 phone. I just got the new firmware for it and it appears to
>have iax2 support. I can't seem to get this damn thing to register
>with my asterisk box.

I was informed by the supplier that each protocol requires a different
firmware image. I think yours is a SIP image, so IAX wouldn't work.

>I can get it to work just fine with sip, but since I have packet8
>there is always a conflict in making/recieving calls.

Check the version of your SIP firmware. I had a lot of problems with
1.38.xxx. For example, I can register and receive call but not make
calls. Downgrading the firmware to 1.36.026, solved most of the
problems. I was told that the 1.38 series is beta, while the 1.36 is the
stable release. The last known good version is 1.36.027

Hope this helps.