[Asterisk-Users] Vonage, PSTN, 911, and hardware question

Rajeev Sharma rajeev at hoojamomma.com
Sat Oct 9 09:43:32 MST 2004

Thanks for the reply. Well, unfortunately, 911 and power outage service is a problem for me.
However, ignoring that, there are still three main questions that I definitely need answered:

1. Calls in through PSTN line and out through VOIP (Vonage) line- will this work?
2. Would I still have to use the Vonage ATA and plug the phone-line out into my * box, or do I just
plug an ethernet cable straight into the * box?
3. I'm not going to use a VOIP-only phone, so I would like to use the phone jacks in my house. I was
going to plug in a phone line out of the * box and plug it into one plug, so the phones would work
in parallel (that's what everybody does I think). Does this mean I would need three X100P cards? (I
would buy something like the Wildcard TE410P, but $1495 is a little steep if you ask me. ;))