[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 routine spin-outs

Jerry Glomph Black asterisk-users at glomph.com
Sat Oct 9 09:19:08 MST 2004

I'm using the officially-sanctioned 0.59r release of mpg123, and since I started
using the voicemail app, am getting frequent spinouts of an mpg123 process,
which is eating 99.9 percent of my CPU, making the audio quality of calls
handled through that machine pretty bad.

I ran strace on the spinning mpg123 process, and as I expected, it was failing
on a file (or sound device?) operation, and kept retrying in a tight loop.

kill -9 is required to get rid of these suckers.

I really doubt I'm the first person to deal with this.   Is there an alternative
to simply not using the voicemail app?