[Asterisk-Users] BT ISDN30e and presentation numbers

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Sat Oct 9 00:02:54 MST 2004

> I've just got off the line from my account manager, and she insists that I
> can only have one presentation number per ISDN30e bearer line. Oh, I can
> also have any of my ddi numbers presented ...

In BT speak, Presentation numbers are not the same as DDI presentation.

> We have several business units each using the ISDN30e, and I wanted each
> of
> them to present their own numbers, so that anyone doing a 1471 would then
> call the appropriate number. Asterisk recognises these numbers, and sends
> them to the appropriate destination.
>
> If I have a hundred different DDI numbers presented, why can't I chose
> several different numbers that aren't a DDI ?
>
> Am I being hoodwinked ?

All you can do is to allocate some of your DDI range as the 'main' numbers
for each company, and then SetCallerID() to it when each company makes an
outbound call. This will acheive what you want, but only from numbers within
your allocated geographic range - you can't do it with 0870 numbers for
example.

Linus