[Asterisk-Users] Re: echo cancellation: the never-ending quest for truth

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Oct 8 14:41:39 MST 2004

Bruce Komito wrote:
> Asterisk apparently has five echo cancellation algorithms: STEVE, STEVE2,
> MARK, MARK2 and MARK3.  The current default appears to be MARK2.
>
> My question is, has anyone had any experience with any of the others
> (other than MARK2), and is there some conventional wisdom as to when to
> use one over another?
>
> TIA
>
> Bruce Komito
> High Sierra Networks, Inc.
> www.servers-r-us.com
> (775) 236-5815

Make sure that you check the WIKI. Try starting at:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20echo%20cancellation#comments

I downloaded a paper from the web which explained the math, but I can't
find it now. You should be able to Google "Simple LMS with Doubletalk
detection" - which is what I did to find it in the first place.

Stephen R. Besch