[Asterisk-Users] NEED HELP: Send sms message using Asterisk

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Fri Oct 8 10:36:27 MST 2004

Hi

Il ven, 2004-10-08 alle 19:28, Wayne Veilleux ha scritto:
> I'm in Canada and I would like to send sms message to a cell phone
> with Bell Mobility provider.
>
> Is it possible to us Asterisk to do that ?
depends :)

> And it does not work.
you must check what standard your telco uses.
app_sms is for ETSI ES 201 912 protocol 1,
many uses the same, but in protocol 2, (so not supported)
and others uses standard "modem" calls,
ie you call with a normal modem and put
the message as a text string (like bbs :> )
(and in this case you can write a wrapper
for a terminal program, like minicom)

Matteo.
--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>