[Asterisk-Users] Re: E1/R2 specs in Brazil

Miguel miguel at amplanet.com.br
Fri Oct 8 10:34:55 MST 2004

Steve,

Please, read below, I think that it can help.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:56:24 -0000
   From: "renatomintz" <mintz at onepost.net>
Subject: Re: E1/R2 specs

Hi All,

I don't know the differences between Mexican and Brazilian R2. If you
can read portuguese, the standards are:

- Register Signalling:
http://sistemas.anatel.gov.br/sdt/PraticasTelebras/00116.pdf
- Line Signalling:
http://sistemas.anatel.gov.br/sdt/PraticasTelebras/00117.pdf

The "automatic collect call" is a feature implemented on top of the
described signalling and it is transparent.

If you want to implement "automatic collect call blocking" on
Asterisk (as many PBXs in Brazil have) you shall send "answer" + time
interval + "disconnect" + time interval + "answer" line signals
whenever a called extension answers any call. This "double answer"
pattern will drop a call if it is collect. The "collect call
blocking" is a featured provisioned on a per extension basis.

Hope this helps.

Renato

--- In asteriskbr at yahoogroups.com, "Miguel" <miguel at a...> wrote:

> Alguém aqui pode ajudar, favor ler abaixo:
>
> > Julio Arruda wrote:

> >> For one, the 'collect call without operator' signaling that
exist in
> >> Brazil R2, I don't think is used anywhere.
> >> Could of course, be implemented (a kludge) with
a "answer/hangup/answer"
> >> I think it was called "double-answering" or something like that.
> >> [], <O-O>
> >

> > For about 20 others look in my code :-) Every country requires
quite a
> > few of the functions reallocted to different tones. There are
also
> > features, like "send me digit N - 3", which may or may not be
available
> > in any particular country. Mexico is messy, as they introduce a
complete
> > new group III/group C section to the codes.
>
> The joy of Blue Book 'extensions ;-) ?
>
> > The featuer you describe is one I don't know about. It isn't in
the
> > documentation I have, and  don't thing people like Dialogic and
NMS have
> > it in their implementations. Can you say more about what is
supposed to
> > happen?
>
> I don't have Brazil E1/R2 specs (few years since I worked with
that).
> The bottom line is that in Brazil, you can do a collect call with
some
> specific prefix dialed before (9?), and the remote end phone would
play
> to the called number an announcement "this is a collect call from "
(the
> calling person would speak their name them, being given of course
the
> proper announcement also)" hangup now if you don't want to accept
this
> call".
> The called person would just hangup (or not).
> In E&M trunks, this similar behaviour would be done in PBX with
> "off-hook, on-hook, off-hook" with specific timers. That is how old
> times ISPs would refuse collect calls for their modem banks :-),
and PBX
> also. (non-collect calls would not be dropped with this trick if the
> public switches  had the proper configuration).
> Notice that in Brazil calls are charged per minute (even local
calls),
> so...(still so I think)
> In E1/R2, the "telebras 1996" standard would have some A/B codes for
> that, where the PBX would refuse calls also with E1/R2 signals
(really
> don't remember the specifics).
> The gotcha (at least in 1998 or so) was that many public telco
switches
> DIDN'T suppor the E1/R2 1996 feature for that collect call
> 'refusal/acceptance' codes, so, even in E1/R2 you would do the
> off/on/off trick to refuse collect calls.
> Anyone from Brazil would have these details about the E1/R2 specs ?
I'm
> sure is part of requirements for any company there the "collect
call"
> thing...
> [], <O-O>

AsteriskBR