[Asterisk-Users] Answer()

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Fri Oct 8 10:15:57 MST 2004

Answer() is pretty important for use with anything that tries
to read DTMF or anything else from the channel.  In those
scenarios it is quite likely that you will not get any error,
but simply won't receive the data.  This is a huge problem for
any sort of IVR(auto-attendant;astcc;AGI;etc...).  You may not
need it in all situations, but you definitely will want to
answer any calls that don't simply ring another channel just
to be on the safe side.

Just my take on this issue,

Robert Jackson