[Asterisk-Users] recent 's' and 'n' priorities and lables

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Oct 7 16:03:01 MST 2004

Hi all,

With the recent 's' and 'n' priorities, as well as the advantage of
labels, dialplan management has become *much* simpler IMHO.

However, I have one suggestion for possible improvement.  In any of the
Goto[If|IfTime] statements, the ability to do 's' + a number or label +
a number would be _nice_.

Example extensions.conf:

exten => 1,1,NoOp(Start)
exten => 1,n,GotoIf($[${SOMETEST}]?:s+2)
exten => 1,n,NoOp(Do something)         ; target if SOMETEST = 1
exten => 1,n,NoOp(Do some other stuff)  ; target if SOMETEST = 0
exten => 1,n,NoOp(Finish)

turns into (pseudo-code):

print 'Start'
if (sometest)
{
	print 'Do something if sometest evaluates to true'
}
print 'Do some other stuff'
print 'Finish'

I realize that this could be implemented other ways, and might not even
have much use, but it would nice regardless.  The basic idea boils down
to this, be able to use the recent aliases and convenience features
everywhere they might be needed/wanted (namely, all the different goto's).

If this already exists, please hit me with the clue stick ;)

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com