[Asterisk-Users] Eezee phone?

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Oct 7 12:51:47 MST 2004

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, William Suffill wrote:

> They post quite a bit to the -biz list and it contains all their
> contact information if you have any questions. I have worked with the
> company that is selling the phone but I've yet to have any first hand
> experience with that phone.

I just called and spoke with someone about the phone. Apparently, these
phones are based on the PA1688 chipset. A quick search for "pa1688 iax2"
in google brings up some references to messages on this list.

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg52667.html
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-PA168

According to the gentleman I spoke with, the phones DO support IAX2. I
repeat, he stated to me that they support IAX2. However, he said that they
are not stable. When I asked for clarification, he stated that 90% of the
time it works fine, but 10% of the time it fails. I asked if it was his
implementation of IAX2 and he said that the phones came that way.

If you read the Wiki on that chipset, it states that "IAX2 is in active
development".

The Ebay posting appears to be a rebranded Atcom phone:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Atcom

If you get some, please let us know how they work. In my opinion, we
should support manufacturers that are supporting IAX2. Even if the product
isn't perfect, or the implementation isn't quite there yet, the only way
things will get better is if they see a significant volume of sales. I'm
thinking about picking one up just for the heck of it to use when I
travel.

                             KP-216-121-ST