[Asterisk-Users] Dialplan to Pick up calls that are ringingonother extensions?

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Thu Oct 7 12:42:22 MST 2004

In asterisk extensions and channels are completely separate.
A channel causes a phone to ring, not the extension.  This
makes very good sense if you think about a single channel
ringing multiple devices.

I guess you have a few options.

 *  Create a perl script using res_perl in your dialplan to
	connect your extension with a call that is destined for
	the extension you enter.  I would assume that the script
	would be called like so...

exten => _*8XXXX,1,Perl(pickupscript:${EXTEN:2})

 *  Figure out how best to handle it, and write a patch.

 *  Use the existing functionality untill someone else creates
	a patch.

There are probably more ways, but these are the ones I thought
of.

Good luck,

Robert Jackson