[Asterisk-Users] Beginers Help - Hardware selection

Sylvain Hamel sylvain at webnet.qc.ca
Thu Oct 7 12:10:38 MST 2004

I am new to Asterisk.

I am trying to ascertain the hardware setup (and associated cost) I would need. The documentation in the wiki (and elsewhere) is extensive but I am somewhat lost in product model numbers. Hence I need an initial recommandation to work on.

15 incoming lines, 25 employees).
Initial scenario is to use * as a plain old PBX.
I need voicemail, ability to transfer calls, ...

I figure I would need a channel bank right?
With some extension cards?
A pc card with a t1 line running between channel bank and pc?
If so what maker/model. Looking for ease of setup. Approximate price?

Can I reuse my old Northern Telecom phones?

Thx for the help...