[Asterisk-Users] Remote Voice Mail

Christopher Jacob chris.jacob at eyestreet.com
Thu Oct 7 08:44:27 MST 2004

Hey All,

I have a two server asterisk setup. One server is in the office (which is
where all the local SIP phones connect) the other is co-located and
connected to 2 PRI's. The two machines communicate via IAX. The idea is to
reduce the "WAN" traffic to the office. If people are off site, they connect
to the remote server. Everything works fine.

Now, being a gluten for punishment, I would like to make a small change. I
would like the email system to live on the remote server. Does anyone know
if it's possible to define a "remote" mailbox when defining users in
sip.conf? All the cool stuff (message waiting lights, etc.) work fine now
and I would hate to break that sort of stuff.

Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks,

Chris

Christopher Jacob		Eye Street Software
Program Manager,        14151 Newbrook Drive
Partner Products	      Suite 250
301.305.0991            Chantilly, VA 20151
                        www.eyestreet.com