[Asterisk-Users] RxFax - tiff problem

Snezhana Bekova sbekova at mail.bg
Thu Oct 7 05:51:27 MST 2004

Hello,
We use tiff version 3.5.7-2 and spandsp-0.0.2pre3 with asterisk version 1.0 on
debian unstable. I have posted for our problem wtih fax. RxFax works and we
receive faxes, but the tiff file is sometimes malformed although the fax seems
to be received correctly. Our asterisk server receives calls and faxes from a
mobile operator. We are connected to their Cisco router which connects to our
asterisk over VoIP that goes inside a Vlan over 100Mbit fiber which passes a
few switches. We move asterisk to other server, so it is powerful enough - it
is under load of about 0.01 and CPU load 1% - 2%. So the problem is not the
server.
Maybe the problem is on the VoIP channel, but we cannot prove it.
You can see at http://sbekova.cyberbg.com/fax/ a new example of a received tiff
file, some audio log files and debug log.
Are the switches and/or routers changing the packet order or is there something
else?
Thanks in advance.

--
Snezhana Bekova