[Asterisk-Users] Hello - Simple SIP configuration

Paweł Grzegorzewski pawel at awaks.pl
Thu Oct 7 02:09:48 MST 2004

I'm new in hire so Hello to everyone!

I'm beginner user of Asterisk CVS-HEAD-10/01/04-14:31:34 . I just installed
it on my Mandrake Linux 10.0 kernel 2.6.3-4mdk with sample configuration
(used make samples).
I would like to make phone connections between X-Lite (SIP) installed on
computers in LAN. How to make this? I was reading manual, and tried to make
changes in sip.conf but this all is new for me. Maybe you can provide me
with simple config for asterisk and X-Lite

Thanks four all!

Just found this on http://users.pandora.be/Asterisk-PBX/

Setting up Asterisk.
Asterisk must (of course) recognize your softphone.
In the /etc/asterisk/sip.conf add the following lines

[Phone3]
type = friend
host = dynamic
defaultip = 192.168.1.103 ; default address of the softphone
dtmfmode = rfc2833
context = sip
callerid = "Phone3" <3>

[Phone4]
type = friend
host = dynamic
defaultip = 192.168.1.104 ; default address of the softphone
dtmfmode = rfc2833
context = sip
callerid = "Phone4" <4>
In the /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf add the following lines

exten => 3,1,Dial(SIP/Phone3,20,tr)
exten => 4,1,Dial(SIP/Phone4,20,tr)
Phone3 will now be reachable by dialing extension 3, it will ring for
maximum 20 seconds.
The same is true for Phone4.

Paweł Grzegorzewski
Awaks sp. z o.o.