[Asterisk-Users] jabber clients

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Oct 7 00:15:04 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 15:50 +0900, Kuniyoshi Murata wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a beginner of voip and just wondering the possibilities of *.
>
> Is that possible for * to handle jabber based voice chat IMs, possibly
> inter-connecting them to different kind of clients -say, H.323
> clients- in meetme conference function?

Last I looked jabber itself didn't support voice. My feeling is the
client you have looked at has had an additional piece added on. So if
you could say which client you are refering to and or what protocol it
is using for the voice part, the answer will be easier to obtain.

> If I use SER together with *, is that possible?

It is possible, but unless you have more than one computer to run them
on, SER and Asterisks SIP stack will want the same port to handle SIP
calls.