[Asterisk-Users] Why I don't hear Call Progress

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Oct 6 01:45:21 MST 2004

Goran Dj. <pisac at hotpop.com> wrote:
[...]
> But, when I'm using Asterisk as sip client on sipgate.de, I don't
> hear progress tones: I hear only one (locally generated) ring tone,
> and then quiet till somebody (called party), answer. After that I
> can normally talk with called person. That's happening both with
> Xlite as sip client on Asterisk, and with Cisco 12sp/30vip as
> skinny/sccp client on Asterisk (so, my conclusion is that problem is
> in Asterisk).

I've seen the same problem, and while I never got around to working
out what the exact cause of the problem is, sticking an Answer in the
dialplan before the Dial made the problem go away.

--
ISIHAC game to complete Christmas cracker jokes:
Humph: Jeremy, what do you get if you eat too many Christmas decorations?