[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Card Recommendation

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Oct 6 01:13:24 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 22:53, Rob Fugina wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:46:17 -0700, Justin Huff <jjhuff at mspin.net> wrote:
> > > Where do the Fritz cards fit in, then?
> > I believe that the AVM Fritz! B1 will work.  It's an active card similar
> > to the Diva Server.  The Fritz!Card and A1 are passive cards and are in
> > the same boat as the other HFC cards.
>
> Now it seems we're getting somewhere.  I can't seem to find any
> reference to this particular model in English, much less sold in US$.
> Any ideas where I can find one?
>
> Or are there any other cards that fall in the same category that are
> available in the US?
>
> Rob

Rob, I live in South Africa - and we use the European ISDN standards.
What I can tell you is... if you can get an ISDN/TA (NT1) - the bit that
converts the U to ST bits (analogue 2 wire to digital 'usually with an
RJ45')... then I'd expect the Fritz cards to work and their 4-port card
is half the price of the 4-port diva card. I'm just clueless on the
signalling... but otherwise- with Fritz's zap-patch - the cards work
beautifully - DTMF in and out, Caller ID simply passed through (MSN's -
etc).

Dunn if this is a bit late...
--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE