[Asterisk-Users] problems with X100P - No channel type registered for 'Zap'

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Oct 6 00:36:13 MST 2004

khoonking wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already installed the X100P drivers but when I make to
> make call call, I always get No channel type registered for 'Zap'.
>
> It seems that the Zap module is not loaded but I have already load the
> driver by
>
> modprobe zaptel
> modprobe wcfxo
> ztcfg -vv

Try running the "dmesg" command, and scanning it to see if the card
registers okay. See if you can find a line that says something like

kernel: Found a Wildcard FXO

see if any errors came up in the preceding lines of the dmesg output.

If things look okay there, you might want to double-check your
zaptel.conf and zapata.conf settings, something may be screwy in those
files that's preventing you from using the card.

Flynn