[Asterisk-Users] Re: RES: Working E1 MFC/R2 M?xico !!! (Steve Underwood)

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Oct 5 17:36:12 MST 2004

Julio Arruda wrote:

> Miguel wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> Do you know if there are many differences between the Mexican and
>> Brazilian
>> variant ?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Miguel Antonio
>

> For one, the 'collect call without operator' signaling that exist in
> Brazil R2, I don't think is used anywhere.
> Could of course, be implemented (a kludge) with a "answer/hangup/answer"
> I think it was called "double-answering" or something like that.
> [], <O-O>

For about 20 others look in my code :-) Every country requires quite a
few of the functions reallocted to different tones. There are also
features, like "send me digit N - 3", which may or may not be available
in any particular country. Mexico is messy, as they introduce a complete
new group III/group C section to the codes.

The featuer you describe is one I don't know about. It isn't in the
documentation I have, and  don't thing people like Dialogic and NMS have
it in their implementations. Can you say more about what is supposed to
happen?

Regards,
Steve