[Asterisk-Users] Dial group continues to ring after answer

Mike Meyer mjmeyer at gendesign.com
Tue Oct 5 14:47:41 MST 2004

Asterisk Users:

	We have our * dial plan set up to ring 5 phones in the office and it
delivers the call to the first that picks up their receiver.
	The problem is that after the pickup, everyone else's SIP phone keeps
ringing at least once and sometimes twice. This interferes with the
conversation, while others pick up the phone and get nothing.

	Does anyone else have similar problems or have a solution to stop the
ring once answered? My dial statement looks like the following and has a
timeout of 15 seconds.

exten => MainTeam,1,Dial(${MainTeamChannels},15,tr)
exten => MainTeam,2,Voicemail(u${MainTeam_EXT})
note the variables MainTeamChannels define the SIP phone channels
defined in sip.conf and MainTeam_EXT is the voicemail box for this group
extension.

	As an alternative, I am considering doing a round robin on a call group
or pickup group and implementing call pickup.

Any ideas welcome.

Mike Meyer