[Asterisk-Users] its all 6's and 8's?

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Tue Oct 5 14:08:23 MST 2004

I've found in testing that events 6 and 8 seem to be related to high call
setup load on the PRI.

In a loop-back load test, I get lots of these when running more than 30
outbound channels looped to 30 inbound on the same box, in an IVR-only test
with no transcoding.  Doesn't seem to matter, in my testing, how powerful
the processor is - they still occur at a wildly varying rate.

These particular events, along with the more-common frame retransmission
errors, do not seem to cause big problems by themselves.

Regards
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel
President,