[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Re: Long distance provider with access number and auth code

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Tue Oct 5 13:41:21 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
<snip>
>So would the last step of the process noted below then be:
>
> exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,5,SendDTMF(${EXTEN:0})
>
> Or assuming I chose the correct variable EXTEN is it possible to append
> this to priority noted below.
<snip>
> >exten => _81NXXXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
> >exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/g1/BYEXTENSION
> >exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,3,Wait(5)
> >exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,4,SendDTMF(12345)            ;where 12345 is the
auth
> >code
<snip>

you are actually sending the TN in priority 2 to the ZAP channel (I made an
assumption here).  so you need to send the auth code first then the TN?  if
so, then it would read

exten => _81NXXXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/g1/12345                 ;where 12345 is
the auth code
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,3,Wait(5)
exten => _1NXXXXXXXXX,4,SendDTMF(${EXTEN})

haven't seen it this way from a carrier before, I have always sent the
number on the trunk first and then authenticate once I get a tone prompt.

should work I think though.

Jason