[Asterisk-Users] Long distance provider with access number and auth code

Scott Henderson scott at finite-tech.com
Tue Oct 5 10:35:46 MST 2004

I need to be able to dial a long distance provider that uses an access
number and an auth code.  I would like to be able to program this so
that the user can dial 8 and then the long distance number, asterisk
will hopefully do everything in the middle.

The sequence to accessing the provider is on my traditional phone speed
dial as:

* Dial local access number
* Wait 5 seconds
* Dial the auth code
* Dial the number

I am not quite sure how to accomplish this with the exten.

I would prefer to avoid using a speed dial on the individual phones if
possible.  This particular service is dial quite often by a number of
different people with different phones so simplicity is what I am
after.  Not to mention saving me explaining the same thing a dozen times
with a variation per phone used ;-) .

To head off the comments about other ways to get LD access, I have a
specific application/need that has to be addressed.

--
Scott Henderson
Finite Technologies Incorporated