[Asterisk-Users] Re: Special Meetme

Reid A. Forrest reid at cvtelecom.com
Tue Oct 5 07:39:54 MST 2004

> Operationally, I think it might not work too well: since the
> callers cannot
> hear each other, they have no idea when each other is talking, and are
> likely to be talking on top of each other.

I agree with this point. The operator will be overwhelmed with people
chattering in her/his ear, and it would also confuse the callers when the
operator is talking to someone else.

How about something like this? I think it could be (fairly) easily done with
a combination of queues, AGI, and meetme, all unmodified.

1. Someone calls the conference number, they're placed in a queue to speak
with the operator(s).
2. Operator takes the call, has a one-on-one with them, and then places them
into a meetme conference, probably using the manager interface. The caller
can listen only, not speak.
3. The operator has the ability to place someone else (a moderator / speaker)
into the conference in speak mode.
4. The operator has the ability to speak to all conferees.