[Asterisk-Users] CallerID Question

James Bean james at hdcs.com.au
Mon Oct 4 23:42:55 MST 2004

Hi,

I have a weird situation where I have a noop command putting the
callerid of the caller on my asterisk console so I know who is calling
as a test, but it is putting the callerid of my extension in instead of
the callerid of the incoming line.

My /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf is

[channels]
context=default
;switchtype=national
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
signalling=fxo_ks
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
context=internal
busydetect=yes
callerid="James Bean<690>"      ;assuming extension 690
mailbox=690                     ;stutter tone for voicemail - you can
use an optional context here
transfer=yes
channel=>1
group=2
signalling=fxs_ks
context=pstn
channel=>4

My /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf is

[pstn]

exten => s,1,NoOp(Comment Only: Call from ${CALLERIDNUM}) ; Just put a
comment in the CLI for info.
exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/g1,45,t)  ;Dial the group=1 zap card mod above
exten => s,3,Hangup
;exten => s,3,VoiceMail(u100)    ;Whatever box you want.

[internal]

exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
exten => i,2,Hangup
exten => t,1,Hangup

exten => 099,1,Echo     ;simple echo test when you dial 099 on your
phone

include => outgoing
include => voip

[outgoing]

exten => _9X.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9X.,2,Congestion()
exten => _9X.,3,Hangup

[voip]

exten => _1XX,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@192.168.254.250/${CALLERIDNUM})
; 1xx extension to Salisbury
exten => _2XX,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@192.168.20.250/${CALLERIDNUM})
; 2xx extension to Marcoola
exten => 610,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@192.168.30.250/${CALLERIDNUM})  ; 610
to Jindalee
exten => 620,1,Dial(OH323/${EXTEN}@192.168.40.250/${CALLERIDNUM})  ; 620
to Batteryhill

On my console I see

Call from 690

Instead of the callerid of the incoming call.

Can anyone give me any ideas on this one?

James