[Asterisk-Users] problems with X100P - No channel type registered for 'Zap'

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 4 22:44:38 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 13:33 +0800, khoonking wrote:
> Hi,
>
>             I have already installed the X100P drivers but when I make
> to make call call, I always get No channel type registered for 'Zap'.
>
> Any idea how to solve this problem?
>

> It seems that the Zap module is not loaded but I have already load the
> driver by
>
> modprobe zaptel
> > modprobe wcfxo
> > ztcfg -vv

modprobe wcfxo will insmod all other dependant modules. So modprobe
zaptel is actually unnecessary.

Did you properly edit the config files for zapata.conf and zaptel.conf
so that the hardware and asterisk both are know about the card? Did you
specify a channel specifically or did you dial a group? Think you might
be able to incorporate a tad more information in your next post such as
config snippits that are relavent to your problem?