[Asterisk-Users] Off Topic: Dead GS BudgeTone-100

Andrew Edmond edmond at candlepeople.com
Mon Oct 4 09:49:01 MST 2004

Derek --

I was in a similar situation recently.  I got a BT101 from
TheVoipConnection and I tried everything to get DHCP or static IP
address working.  Nothing... No matter what I did I couldn't get this
phone to function.  I was about to call and complain they sent me a dud
phone...

On a lark, I setup the static IP address on the phone to work on my LAN,
and put in the tFTP server as my windows 2000 box (on the same LAN).  I
put the tFTP server on that w2k box, with the 1.0.5.11 firmware unzipped
in the root directory.  Get this firmware from:

http://www.grandstream.com/y-downloads.htm

To my surprise, the BT101 upon boot logged into my tftp server and began
downloading files!  Even though I couldn't ping the damn phone, it was
able to tFTP off the new roms.  Apparently on boot, the BT phones always
first attempt to tftp before booting the rest of their network
functions.

In any case, with the 1.0.5.11 ROMS the phone works GREAT!

The other thing I would suggest is resetting the phone manually to
factory settings.  The instructions for this are in the BT101 manual,
but basically you have to type in the MAC address of the phone on the
--RESET-- menu.  Download the manual to learn how to do this.

Good luck!

Andrew
NeroLabs @ #asterisk IRC

PS: I wouldn't think this subject is OT....