[Asterisk-Users] Lucent i2021 BRI Phone with Asterisk?

Ken Chan ck000 at lycos.com
Mon Oct 4 06:46:39 MST 2004

Hello,

I have two Lucent i2021 BRI Phones and quadBRI PCI card (using driver
bristuff (0.1.0-RC4a) provided by www.junghanns.net).  My Linux version is 2.4.20-8.
My Asterisk version is "asterisk-1.0-RC2" and my libpri version is "libpri-1.0-RC2" and
my zaptel version is "zaptel-1.0-RC1".

I am trying to make a simple Point to Point calls between 2 BRI Phones using Asterisk.

Question:
a)  With my current configuration, is it possible?  Do I need to add more S/W or H/W to
accomplish my task?
b)  Where do I specify SPID in Asterisk?
c)  Currently, I manually enter the SPID into the BRI Phone.  Then quadBRI PCI Card
received Q921 Messages from the BRI phone.  When the BRI phone goes "off hook",
there is no Q931 Message go to quadBRI PCI Card.

Anyway ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks
ken chan