[Asterisk-Users] Appending a # to a dial-out number

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Mon Oct 4 01:18:42 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've just connected a cellsocket to my * server so that I can keep call
costs low for outgoing calls to mobile phones.  I'm using an old
fashioned 5110 cellsocket (because I have a few of these phones and I
think that they are very reliable).  For those that don't know the
cellsockets they convert a mobile phone into a POTS line.  The
cellsocket has a funny dialtone but that doesn't seem to be a problem
for *.  The way the cellsockets work is that you dial the number
normally but you need to dial a trailing # which makes the cellsocket
"press" the send button and initiate the call.

What I do need to do is add a # (pound/hash) character to the end of the
outgoing number with the Dial command in extensions.conf.  The following
DOESN'T seem to work:

exten => _08XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN}#)

(Here in Ireland all mobile numbers start with 08 and then there are a
following 8 digits).  As you can see I was chancing my arm putting a #
character in there just after the mobile number.  I've looked a the docs
for the Dial command but I can't find anything about putting in #
characters at all.

Thanks for any help!

Derek Conniffe