[Asterisk-Users] Configuring X Ten to make call using FX0

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Sun Oct 3 18:15:02 MST 2004

Simon wrote:
> I am blessed with this user forum and able to set my Dev-PCI Digium card
> working fine with the Asterisk server of mine
>
> (i)But today i just wanted to know if someone can help me to set  X-Ten
> Lite to call PSTN line using my FX0
>

> Currently , I am able to use X Lite to call another X lite user locally
> (LAN)
>
> I also has attached my setting together
>
> Thanking you all in advance

The key here is in your [xlite] context in extensions.conf. You
currently have it as:

[xlite]
; Catch all five digit numbers, no leading zeroes
exten => _[123456789]XXXX,1,NoOp("call for "${EXTEN})
exten => _[123456789]XXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},60,tr)
;exten => _[123456789]XXXX,2,Dial(SIP/spa2000,60,tr)
exten => _[123456789]XXXX,3,Congestion

it should be modified as such:

[xlite]
exten => _9.,1,Dial(Zap/4/${EXTEN:1},15)
exten => _9.,2,Congestion

What this means is that you'll have to dial 9 for an outside call. Right
now your [xlite] context has no provision for dialing outside lines.

You might also want to remove the following sections from your [default]
context:

exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/4/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion

because this allows anyone dialing in to your main number to dial
901222XXXX something and use your line to dial someone's maxis number!

out of curiosity, are you using asterisk in-house? If so and if you need
help setting things up for a production PBX type installation for your
company, feel free to contact me if you need assistance.

Cheers
Faiz