[Asterisk-Users] Re: [OT] Sipura-3000 - Immediate hangup on inbound PSTN calls

Sun Oct 3 16:48:22 MST 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:07:56 -0700, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> i am on old freebsd 0.9.2 asterisk and latest spa3k code.  i get
> in and out no problem.  so i suspect
>   o japanese lines
>   o latest asterisk interacting with spa3k
>   o spa3k config, which is so simple, terse, and understandable :-)

I don't think it's a problem of Asterisk interaction with the SPA
because there is absolutely no SIP traffic coming out of the SPA other
than the original registration. The SPA does not make any attempt to
send incoming calls anywhere.

I suspect that the SPA has a problem with the electrical
characteristics of a Japanese PSTN line when a call comes in.
Something appears to confuse the SPA. It seems to detect a hangup
condition that isn't really there and then immediately hangs up.

I have used the web wizard on Voxilla to set the SPA to Japanese
tones. Still the problem persists, so it doesn't seem to be a problem
of a misconfigured disconnect tone either.

> but feel free to gimme a holler and we can walk through
> configs.

I have posted PDFs of the SPA's config screens (the Info tab and the
PSTN tab) for three different scenarios:

1) with PSTN disconnect default settings

detect disconnect tone: yes
detect polarity reversal: yes

I can hear a ringing feedback, then the SPA picks up and immediately
returns a fast busy tone. Info tab shows "PSTN disconnect tone" as
reason for hangup. No SIP traffic.

http://www.sunrise-tel.com/misc/SPA3K-Info.1.pdf
http://www.sunrise-tel.com/misc/SPA3K-PSTN.1.pdf

2) with PSTN disconnect tone off

detect disconnect tone: no
detect polarity reversal: yes

I can hear no ringing feedback, only the NTT busy tone. Info tab shows
"polarity reversal" as reason for hangup. No SIP traffic.

http://www.sunrise-tel.com/misc/SPA3K-Info.2.pdf
http://www.sunrise-tel.com/misc/SPA3K-PSTN.2.pdf

3) with PSTN disconnect tone and polarity reversal off

detect disconnect tone: no
detect polarity reversal: no

I can hear no ringing feedback, only the NTT busy tone. Info tab shows
"VoIP call failed" as reason for hangup. However, again there is no
SIP traffic.

http://www.sunrise-tel.com/misc/SPA3K-Info.3.pdf
http://www.sunrise-tel.com/misc/SPA3K-PSTN.3.pdf

I tried the same with a dialplan of "S0 <:s at 192.168.100.20>" instead
of "S0 <:fxo-in at 192.168.100.20>" but still no SIP traffic.

Outgoing calls work fine though.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.