[Asterisk-Users] mpg123 doesn't like me

Jerry Glomph Black asterisk-users at glomph.com
Sun Oct 3 10:49:13 MST 2004

I am using mpg123 0.59r and I have the same spin-out problem, with the newly
released Asterisk 1.0.   There are sporadic dropouts in voice calls in the
presence of the CPU being pegged at 100%.

I think that (failing to solve the actual problem) there needs to be some kind
of watchdog procedure attached to the voicemail function that kills off
irrelevant mpg123 processes.

I'm trying hard to get the family to switch over to VoIP, and having this kind
of intermittency is making it tough.

Undoubtedly others are getting this problem, my setup is really vanilla.  The
problems commenced when I started using the voicemail function.