[Asterisk-Users] Re: Billing Applications - When does the bill start??

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 17:05:13 MST 2004

Ok, the mistake I made was thinking asterisk-prepaid
was talking to asterisk using STDIN and STDOUT,
whereas in fact it is calling the asterisk C methods
directly.

It's a bit to get the head around trying to work out
how best to create a small custom application:

1. AGI using STDIN & STDOUT,
2. AGI using the management socket (i.e. EAGI?),
3. AGI using asterisk C calls directly.

Option 1 is the easiest but you get only get limited
information and no events about call progress.

Regards,
Aaron

Clauson <aza_rc at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been having a look at the code for
>> asteriskprepaid and it appears as if the billing
time
>> starts when the Dial command is called.
>
>Keep in mind that the code you are looking at is just
sample code...
>Modify it if need be.
>
>> Is this correct? Does the caller get billed for the
>> dialling time and the call time or just the call
time?

>It's neither incorrect or correct.  The caller will
be billed however
>you decide they will be billed.  The script can be
changed.

>> Although going off some comercial calling cards I
have