[Asterisk-Users] RE: Random disconnects

Shilliday, Jim JShilliday at ejcenter.org
Sat Oct 2 11:46:07 MST 2004

Re-sent because had wrong subject line on first post, sorry.

I have just installed * for a small office (P4 3Ghz, 1MB RAM, RH9).
It's replacing an analog PBX, and for now, all incoming calls arrive on
10 FXO's.  Outgoing calls are via Voicepulse.  Phones are SIP, Cisco
7940G's.  My problem is random disconnects on both incoming and outgoing
calls.  The phones are behind a firewall; the * box has a public IP.  I
suspected that the disconnects were caused by * bridging the calls and
then the connection through the firewall timing out in some way.  I
tried setting reinvite=no on the SIP phones so that the audio would be
routed through *, but it didn't seem to help.  Does anyone have a
suggestion for a next step?  Thanks.

Jim Shilliday
IT Director
Equal Justice Center