[Asterisk-Users] Digium and mailing lists

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sat Oct 2 08:21:16 MST 2004

> > Of course I have the funds.  I'd turn up in court on the first day,
> > state that software and mathematics patents are not legal and the
> > case would be closed.  In fact, the case probably wouldn't be heard
> > in the first place - the filing clerk would probably laugh NTT out of
> > the building.
> >
> If you think that, you clearly have not the slightest clue what is
> involved. The reason really dumb bogus patents are worth getting is
> because it costs far more to shoot down even the dumbest ones than to pay
> off the holder.

It's not even worth talking to you about this sort of thing, as your
view is biased toward the US "justice" system.  In England, court
judgements don't only go to the people who can afford to pay for them;
Our system is a little fairer than that.

To be specific in the defence strategy, I'd turn up in court and point
out that software and mathematics patents are not legal.  The people
who brought the case would have to justify their action by showing that
their patents are legal.  When it becomes clear that they are not, the
case would be closed.  The loser would pay the court costs and all
reasonable costs incurred by the winner, and we'd all be home for lunch.

Now, can you please drop it and get a clue.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz