[Asterisk-Users] Patch: Inbound-only busydetect

Marconi Rivello marconirivello at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 02:35:43 MST 2004

Hi there,

I got really tired of false hangups, specially when someone calls from
SIP/IAX/whatever to PSTN, which makes no sense in using busydetect in
the zap channel, as the caller will eventually hear the busy tones and
hangup, causing the zap channel to be "freed" as well...

After suggesting that the busy detect be enabled only for inbound
calls, and finding other people that think like me, I decided to try
to do it.

I have no idea of how to do it the "right/pretty" way, but, as usual,
I made it work the easiest/fastest way. So, any tips will be
appreciated.

Where to get it:
http://www.carcara.lncc.br/marconi/mr_busydetect.patch

How to apply:
cp mr_busydetect.patch path-to/asterisk-1.0.1/channels
cd path-to/asterisk-1.0.1/channels
patch < mr_busydetect.patch
cd ..
make
make install -- if you really trust me :)

Please note the 1.0.1 version... I have no idea of what happens if
applied to any other version... maybe it will explode or something. :)

Comments, feedback, critics... all welcome.

Hope it suits somebody else.
Marconi Rivello.