[Asterisk-Users] CDR_Oracle anybody?

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Oct 1 15:09:16 MST 2004

> The reasons I'm frustrated are as follows:
> 1) MySQl cannot do stored procedures or triggers, or even views.

    Take a look at most recent MySQL 5.0. It does stored procedures. Never
done them myself cause its faster for me to program a "procedure" in php.
Transaction support has been in MySQL for some time now.

> MySQL is not a serious database.  Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have
a clue yet.

    I don't want this to become a MySQL flame war but I've used Postgres and
Oracle 8i and the speed and ease of MySQL makes it a far better database.
I've used MySQL in situations with Gigs of data and millions of rows. It is
deffinatly a serious database. Sure people say "MySQL doesn't have feature
XXX" which was probably true a year ago, but not anymore.

Just my $0.02
Matthew