[Asterisk-Users] OT: Toll Free

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Fri Oct 1 12:10:20 MST 2004

> 800's offer a large exposure from the $ position.

/Can/ offer.  I think our credit limit's $100.  I would certainly understand
someone deciding that a reasonable risk management policy would be to dump
that down to $20, etc., for longtime customers who had not yet been
contacted, or were in process of providing the new card data.

> Its still no reason to treat a long term or any customer like dirt.

That's really the whole point.

It's business.  You take a little risk.  If you're unwilling to take a
little risk, get out of business.  No need to take it out on the customers.

> There are lost of scum in the phone biz that have migrated over to Voip
> but, there are an equal amount of telecom people tracking them.

Huh?

> That said, I think we are going to see 800#'s
> drop to a more common sense price and probably more plans that include free
> minutes as well.

That'd be nice.  VoIP is clearly going to start changing the face of
telephony as we know it.

... JG