[Asterisk-Users] Agent Login Problems

Robert Jackson RobertJ at promedicalinc.com
Fri Oct 1 08:21:59 MST 2004

See comments below.

Henry Devito wrote:
> Here's the problem.  When I call 555 to login, it asks for the agent
ID
> which I enter as 501, it asks for the password which I enter as 1234,
> then it asks for the extension I dial 501 It then says that extension
is
> not valid.  What am I missing?  Of course 501 is valid I can make and
> take calls from it now.
>

> ;\etc\asterisks\extensions.conf
> [default]
> ; ACD Login/Logout.
> exten => 555,1,Answer
> exten => 555,2,AgentCallbackLogin(|@operator-acd)
> exten => 555,3,Hangup
>

> [operator-acd]
> exten => 800,1,SetGroup(${EXTEN})
> exten => 800,2,CheckGroup(1)
> exten => 800,3,Dial(Skinny/${EXTEN}|15)
> exten => 800,4,Busy

Here is why it isn't working.  When you pass a context to
AgentCallBackLogin (like you did above) the agents extensions must be
available in that context.  From your example, extension 501 is invalid
because it doesn't exist in the operator-acd context.  Assuming that
your extensions are in the 5XX range here is what it should look like:

[operator-acd]
exten => _5XX,1,SetGroup(${EXTEN})
exten => _5XX,2,CheckGroup(1)
exten => _5XX,3,Dial(Skinny/${EXTEN}|15)
exten => _5XX,103,Busy

One other thing that you may notice is that the Busy app is called as
priority 103.  This is because when you execute CheckGroup it returns
n+101 if that group has more than the specified number of entries.

> ;\etc\asterisks\agents.conf
> [agents]
> autologoff=15
> ackcall=no
> wrapuptime=15000
>
> ; Operator Group
> group=1
> agent=>  500,1234,Joan M
> agent=>  501,4321,Tim C
>
> ;\etc\asterisks\queues.conf
> [operator-acd]
> music=default
> announce-holdtime=yes
> announce-frequency=90
> strategy=leastrecent
> timeout=15
> retry=5
> maxlen=0
>

> member=Agent/@1
> member=Agent/501
Also, one thing that I have noticed is that if you include groups in
your queue definition the calls get routed in the order of the group
regardless of the specified strategy.  So I just have a member= line for
each agent.

Good luck,

Robert Jackson