[Asterisk-Users] MOH - 3 processes of mpg321 taking 20%CPU each - normal ?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Fri Oct 1 08:12:24 MST 2004

--On Friday, October 01, 2004 16:56 +0200 Robert Rozman
<rozman at fri.uni-lj.si> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have P4 2.8 HT machine with Asterisk. I spot 3 processes of mpg321
> taking 20% of CPU each even when no call is made to Asterisk or any other
> PBX activity is on ?
>
> Is this behaviour normal ?

mpg123 shouldn't take nearly that much CPU, heck on an 800mhz Pii or Piii
box (  I cant' rememebr which) it doesn't even hardly show up on 'top'

they will run all the time for every configured MoH you have but they
shouldn't take up a significant amount of time individually.

You sure they're operating normally?  try adding some test extensions you
can dial and push yourself onto MoH and make sure you can hear the muzak.
Outside of that what distro/OS you running?  Specific versions of asterisk
and mpg would also be beneficial to further debugging.