[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Use the Meetme application with another module thanUSB-UHCI

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Fri Oct 1 06:28:31 MST 2004

I ran in to an almost impossible ability to run MeetMe on our poweredge. Our
PE is a 4 proc with OHCI and we had no need to buy any PCI cards other than
for running MeetMe. If you know how to recompile your kernel, recompile it
and make RTC a module (its compiled in by default). Then you can use zaprtc
as your timing source. Be sure to `rmmod rtc` before you `insmod zaprtc`
because zaprtc is a replacement for rtc.

I've had excellent success in recompiling our 2.4.8-20SMP kernel (standard
RH9 kernel) to have RTC as a module and now I have full MeetMe abilities on
our PE.

Matthew