[Asterisk-Users] After setting up my FXO card, what should I now order from my telco?

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:18:47 MST 2004

> Is there a specific type of line I should request? What is everyone else
> doing? How much is everyone else paying for single line PSTN access for
> their small/medium setup's?

We have two regular phone lines at our office. They both have DSL
connections and the FXO are connected to filters on each line. Most of
the services offered by our telco are not of use, since notification
is usually a special dialtone you won't hear with asterisk. We use
asterisk to group the lines abd we chose to use one line as "listed"
and one as techservice for customers. We dialout on a group which
tries the tech service unpublished line first allowing regular callers
to ring the other number. Unfortunately, only the telco can give you
true rotation, where if one line is busy, the other will ring.