[Asterisk-Users] Packet8 integration into Asterisk?

Julio Arruda jarruda-asterisk at jarruda.com
Tue Nov 30 18:16:11 MST 2004

dean collins wrote:
> Hi John,
> I've been using Packet8 via a physical ATA and XP100 card for some time.
> As far as I know it is not possible to connect to the Packet8 service
> without the ATA.
>
> If this is not the case I would be very interested to hear this.
>
> In addition since moving to the USA I now only have a single packet8
> line into my asterisk box (I used to have this and a 2nd regular pstn
> line)
>
> I used to be able to forward calls from packet 8 box out the pstn to my
> mobile when away from the house but with a single line this
> configuration is no longer available.
>
> Does anyone know how to utilize the 3 way conferencing feature of
> Packet8 to enable a call to come into my asterisk box and then back out
> to my mobile (or whatever forwarding number I allocate).
>
> Basically I need the asterisk server to answer the incoming call, put
> the call on hold, dial my mobile number once answered connect the
> original incoming call to my mobile.
Not sure if this helps...
You may want to play with call forwarding to a FWD number..
I used to have this setup, P8 -- FXO interface into an asterisk box.
The call forwarding from Packet8 to FWD allowed me to receive all calls
directly into the Asterisk bypassing the DTA (it would ring once from
what I recall, but I had a Wait on this FXO port to give the "FWD" leg
of the call to be answered by one of the SIP phones).