[Asterisk-Users] Pick up call without ringing an extension

Ed Greenberg edg at greenberg.org
Tue Nov 30 16:18:25 MST 2004

I have a line in my house that goes to phones across the line BEFORE
Asterisk. My wife uses them :)

I plugged the line into an FXO port and pointed it at an extension, so I
can pick it up as well. I can also pick it up with *8.

One side effect is that once my wife picks up a call, the Asterisk
extension continues to ring until the Zap card detects that it's not
ringing any more.

What I'd like though is to suppress having to ring an extension. I just
want the call to be available to me if I dial *8 or some other code.

I was thinking of something like:

exten => 88,1,Answer(Zap4)

would that work?

Any other ideas?