[Asterisk-Users] asterisk newsgrup proposal or phpBB forum

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:58:52 MST 2004

Hey guys, Look at this example www.scubaboard.com It has nothing
to do with Asterisk but is an example of a _very_ high volume
meaasge board that _works_.  It runs on free software, has low
admin overhead.  It allows moderators on a per subject level and
optional authentication.  I have used this system both as a user and I
have installed and tested the software on my system.  It is easy
from both points of view.  Built in search, and even
e-mail subscriptions to threads.  Not much more to ask for.

This list is actually becomming usless do to it's success.  I
doubt I would notice a reply to this posting unless you CC me
off line and remove the  [Asterisk-Users] lable so it doe not
get piled in with 400 other messages.

I suggest that people here actually try out "scubaboard" even if
you have no interrest in diving.  Check out the photos, for sale
ads, technical topics, regional/geographic forums and how it all
is kept straight and the search feature actually works to find
old threads.  And did I mentione-mail subscriptions to threads

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550