[Asterisk-Users] SIP to SIP Wait

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 30 13:55:13 MST 2004

> Question?
> Is it possible to pause during a dial statement?
>
> The Issue I have is that I have to enter an IVR bypass code before I
> enter the dialed number from my phone. The SIP client I'm sending my
> calls too is either not getting the dialed number {EXTEN} or it's coming
> through wrong...

Not sure why the 'show application dial' doesn't include this, but
inserting a 'w' will cause a wait/delay. Example:
 exten => _15XX,1,Dial(Zap/2/w${EXTEN})

I had to use this when dialing into a CO Centrex switch, and asterisk
began sending dtmf prior to the Centrex switch being ready. The
Centrex switch would always receive "some" digits, but not all.

As I recall, multiple w's add a longer wait.

Rich