[Asterisk-Users] National (US) callerid name resolution for your asterisk box

brett-asterisk at worldcall.net brett-asterisk at worldcall.net
Tue Nov 30 13:53:09 MST 2004

Hi All,
I've been in contact with a CNAM (caller name) directory provider.
Currently they offer 2 products. One is CNAM via SS7 and the other is
Directory Assistance data via http/xml. I am very interested in getting
the CNAM data via http/xml (or DNS TXT). I suggested this to the sales
rep and he told me that I'm the second person in less than a month who
has asked for this.

What I'd like to know is, is anyone else interested in this? The sales
rep I spoke to said that he doesn't have enough interest in the product
yet to develop the interface (that is a CNAM interface accessable via
IP). However, I think that the community would probably be pretty
interested in this. You can even add entries to the DB I believe.

So, is anyone else interested in this? The company is LSSI
http://www.lssi.net/

BTW, I have nothing to do with that company. So perhaps you might have a
better solution for me? :)
-Brett